You would like to be working for a company that develops its own products, data sets and is a part of the aviation industry? DaaS (Data as a Service) seems like a concept you would enjoy delivering?
ch-aviation is a Swiss-owned company. We provide accurate data and news on the airline industry. We have airline, aircraft leasing, airport, MRO (maintenance, repair, overhaul), OEM, airline IT and government customers… so you can imagine our daily challenge: finding the data and figuring out the best way to process, manipulate and visualise it on our platforms and making it available through our channels the way customers want it.
We currently have 50+ employees. Most of them work from our office in Zagreb (part of our Development team, Data, Sales, Marketing and Administration departments).
Our Development team consists of:
- Lead Developer (Zagreb)
- Principal Engineer (Germany)
- Three Backend Developers (Belgrade)
- One Frontend Developer (Zagreb)
- One Business Analyst (Thailand)
Since our Development team is not working from one office, we are flexible when it comes to your location of work. We think it makes the most sense if you are located in Belgrade or Zagreb.
As part of the team, you will:
- Build and maintain the frontend part of our web application
- Produce well-written, quality code, covered with tests
- Work collaboratively as part of the development team to build and deploy safe and stable software
- Communicate openly and effectively in English with colleagues, including coworkers in remote offices and people in other departments
You might be a great fit if you have:
- Used Sass preprocessors and bundlers such as Webpack
- Ability to translate visual designs into pixel-perfect, but also semantically correct HTML and responsive CSS
- UX/UI and graphic design skills of any sort are a big plus and we will greatly appreciate your feedback on using our own product
- Worked with other developers on a shared codebase, know your way around Git, and can communicate well both online and offline
- Basic understanding of backend development in PHP, REST APIs, and generally the way that the Internet works
What is in it for you:
- Focus on a single product - an industry-leading SaaS
- Be a part of a casual but professional environment where you will have a safe place to try, fail and learn
- Grow your professional and soft skills, by attending conferences, workshops, and internal training
- Learn from your experienced colleagues and domain experts
- Contribution to the 3rd pillar after 4 years of working with us
- After a while, a fully paid workcation – you could work from an interesting location for a week, fully covered by the company! Next location – Thailand 🏝️
- A work-life balance - we support your professional, family, and personal goals, by having:
- Flexible working hours
- Option to work from the office, hybrid, or fully remotely
- Vacation days that increase with your age and years of service
- Option to work 4-days a week (36 hours for 90% of the pay)
- Fruits and coffee
- MultiSport card
ch-aviation started off as a hobby and we have never lost the curiosity we had at the beginning. We are aware of the complexity of the aviation industry which keeps us busy and going. We value our “open error” culture, proactivity, flexibility, and no micromanagement working culture.
If everything you have read sounds interesting and you would like to know more about us, the first step is applying.
Please note that only Applications in the English language will be evaluated, as an international team is running the recruitment process. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. All applications will be considered under the terms and conditions of confidentiality in accordance with the regulations of personal data protection.